Tuesday 21 December 2010

Christmas is coming in Munsieville


What an exciting week! We had the Christmas Festival and Health Fair Saturday, as you all know, and hopefully you have had a chance to go to The Thoughtful Path Facebook page to see all the videos and pictures of the day.
Also this week I learned that we will be getting the 5812 Christmas wrapped books and 850 stuffed animals and toys shipped from Arizona to South Africa!! I am so excited. Gail and Gail have worked tirelessly along with our new friends, Joanne and Randy who learned about us through the news segment on the TV and proceeded to help us try and get the books here. I truly can’t thank everyone enough for all their support on this endeavour. It means so much to me and will mean even more to the orphans and vulnerable children of Munsieville. A very special thanks to our donor and to Allison Evans who helped us to get a very large contribution to help make this possible and to DHL and Courier IT who also have stepped up to the plate to work with us. As I said, it is amazing to see how a simple project turned into a phenomenal success. I can’t wait for AZ Family to do a follow-up story. I would love to see a few of the people involved be able to come out and hand out the books.
Well I will be leaving soon for a visit with my family on the East Coast and then back again in the New Year. I can’t believe that when I get back it will be only a little over 2 months of my assignment left. The time has flown by and there is so much more I want to see get done. We will be having a Charity Fundraiser in March, along with a Fun Run at the end of January and hopefully a 'Munsieville’s Got Talent' contest.
The Young Ambassadors programme that we have initiated is a priority for us to work on as soon as the children get back from school break. It will help the young people become the future leaders of Munsieville and will run alongside The Thoughtful Path as a Children’s Board, so that their voice is heard on what is important to them and their community to ensure that the programme meets their needs.
Check back early in 2011 for the latest news from Munsieville - meanwhile, have a Happy Christmas!
Michelle, GSK Pulse volunteer with Project HOPE UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment